If you don't want to read the full blog post, you can just go directly here to download the checklist!
After podcasting for year and just going through the motions, I figure I would FINALLY create a podcast check list for releasing new episodes. At this point, I feel like I have gotten it down to a science, but it's still good to have checklists in case you forget something.
I also want to mention, that this is just what I do, other podcasters might do other things, but this is the workflow that works best for me.
While this list may seem overwhelming, I promise once you do it a couple times, you get the hang of it.
So how many things are on this checklist? There's about ten. My goal is always to promote my new episodes as best I can so that involves marketing, SEO tags, social media, transcribing and more.
Please don't feel bad if you don't do all of this right now. We are all always still learning.
I didn't start of by doing every one of these things, I have learned with time.
So let's get started with the checklist and then in the end you can download your free pdf!
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
1. Edit podcast episode
2. Export podcast (After exporting I always listen to the beginning, and end, and any ad spots to make sure it all sounds ok for the whole world to hear!)
3. Transcribe episode with Otter.AI.
4. Upload podcast episode to hosting platform. (I use Buzzsprout)
( Write SEO friendly Title, SEO friendly show notes, schedule episode)
5. After transcription is done, ensure speakers names have been added and everything has been looked over and transcribed, then export SRT file and upload to hosting platform.
6. Create social media images for promotion for new podcast episode.
I use Canva, and have certain branded templates saved that I use for each new episode. I schedule them to be released on the day of new episode. I schedule directly in Canva, but sometimes, I will wait day of.
I post on my personal Facebook page, my Facebook group, and Instagram.
I do also post to TikTok and Pinterest but those are usually done on a couple days after episode has been released. Im trying to keep things simple here lol
7. Schedule email to send out to email list of new episode. ( I use ConvertKit)
8. Create soundbite in Headliner to post on Facebook and Instagram Stories
9. I use Podpage for my website so that automatically syncs my new episode at the schedule time. (If you would like to see how amazing Podpage is, you can check out my last blog post here and how you can create a beautiful website in 5 minutes.
Ok, so I will stop there! That is my list that I do every time to help get my podcast episode out there as much as I can.
There is of course things I do once the episode is live, but I don't want to overwhelm you.
If you want to check out any of my work for social media posts, or my website, you can go to https://www.instagram.com/the.bright.side.of.life_/ and https://www.thebrightsideoflifepodcast.com/
Thank you for reading this!
Now go download the checklist here!